Conditions Treated by Chiropractic
At Montvale Health & Wellness, our team of specialists provides treatment and relief for a variety of Chiropractic conditions.
In using a drug-free, non-invasive, hands-on approach, our conservative care philosophy allows usto diagnose and treat the aches and pains that inhibit you from leading your life, using treatment options customized to your specific needs. Whether you’re suffering from a neck kink or chronic lower back discomfort, the caring practitioners at MHA will bring to you the best insight into chiropractic conditions and solutions, treating whatever may ail you.
Common Chiropractic Conditions
Our chiropractic professionals treat many neuromusculoskeletal conditions including, but not limited to:
- Neck Pain: Generally a symptom of poor posture, such as being hunched over your computer, neck pain (also referred to as cervical pain) may result from disruptions of any of the structures of the neck. A realignment of the vertebrae in the neck and shoulder area can restore the vertebrae to health and alleviate chronic neck pain, as well as possible muscle spasms and stiffness. Chiropractic, massage, exercises and many times Physical Therapy are prescribed by your provider and can help maintain flexibility and health.
- Shoulder Injury: Injury, pain, and tenderness in the shoulder can be the result of overuse or trauma in the muscles, ligaments and tendons.Pain resulting from a shoulder injury can be relieved by manipulation, physical therapy, and exercise.
- Low-back Pain: Low back pain is usually a result of issues regarding the lumbar portion of the spine, the spinal cord and nerves, or muscles of the lower back.
- Leg Pain (Sciatica): Shooting pain in one or both legs can be a symptom of pressure on the sciatic nerve, which runs from the lower back, through the buttocks and thigh, and down the leg into the foot. A bulging or herniated disc is most often the cause of this condition. A damaged sciatic nerve causes pain, weakness, tingling or numbness in the legs. An evaluation would be done to determine the appropriate course of treatment, whether chiropractic, other non-surgical procedures, or surgical options. Non-surgical Spinal Decompression Therapy is often the treatment of choice for this condition.
- Bulging/herniated Discs: Discs are the shock absorbers of the spine, occupying space between the bony vertebrae. Issues can range from a mild bulge or tear of the disc material to a severe rupture or herniation.Exercise and increased mobility through gentle spinal manipulation & Spinal Decompression Therapy can heal an injured disc.
- Headache: A continuous, pounding in the head that usually emanates from another body part, such as the neck, can be caused by stress or poor diet. Relaxation,as well as stress reduction through an adjustment, can bring relief from chronic headaches as well as migraines.
- Pinched Nerve: A pinched nerve can occur when too much pressure is applied to the nerve by bones, cartilage, tendons or muscles, disrupting the nerve’s function and resulting in pain, tingling, weakness or numbness. An adjustment offers relief for pain that can radiate from the neck down the arm or from the lower back down your leg.
- Arthritis/joint Stiffness: An inflammation of joints and surrounding tissue,arthritis may become long term and can worsen with age. The most common types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Treatment is available to help restore range of motion, improve flexibility and endurance, as well as tone and strengthen muscles.
At MHA, these, as well as other chiropractic conditions are combated with our unique team approach, coupled with traditional practices such as spinal decompression and spinal adjustment. In addition to our Doctors of Chiropractic and assistants, we employ specialists across a number of disciplines, including:
- Physical Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Pain Management
By bringing these different perspectives, we can create a comprehensive, customized treatment plan that works best for you. Our personalized treatment plans ensure a quick and efficient rehabilitation, with as little impact on you as possible.