At Montvale Health & Wellness, we are experts in determining and treating your orthopedic needs.
Orthopedics is the large branch of medicine that deals with injuries and diseases of your body’s musculoskeletal system. This complex system includes your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves. These components are what allow you to move, work, and be active.
Our orthopedic surgeons manage diagnosis of your injury or disorder. Once the diagnosis is made, they determine the next steps of treatment. This could include prescribing medication, recommending exercise, and possibly determining if surgery is necessary. After a treatment is prescribed, the next step is rehabilitation. This can include referring to a physical therapist, who can help restore movement, strength, and function. Both before and after an injury, our team emphasizes prevention. This includes prescribing treatment plans that prevent further injury, as well as educating patients as to how to avoid them in the future.
Our team specializes in orthopedic subspecialties including hand and upper extremity, foot and ankle, sports medicine, and trauma.
Some of the orthopedic conditions they treat include:
- Conditions of the Knee, Shoulder, Hip, and Ankle (arthroscopically)
- Ligament & Tendon Injuries (meniscus injuries, ACL reconstruction)
- Rotator Cuff & Labrum Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel
- Complex Trauma
- Deformity Reconstruction
- Nonunions: A failure of healing after a broken bone
- Osteomyelitis: Infection or inflammation of the bone or bone marrow
- Non-operative Sprains and Strains
- Sports Related Injuries
- Hand and Upper Extremity Injuries
- Foot and Ankle Injuries